Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Article In Kingsport Times Today

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Article In Kingsport Times Today

    Anybody other than me read the article on the young man from DBs drowning? Did it strike you as odd that the young man swam within 5 feet of the boat, only to perish while another teen on the boat called 9 1 1? Makes me wonder what kind of friends the man had. No doubt were ANYBODY drowning 5 feet away from me, i would have at least made an attempt to save him/her.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Article In Kingsport Times Today *DELETED*

    Post deleted by starbuck
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member LPDfanincarolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Article In Kingsport Times Today

    I am not attempting to defend the 9-1-1 calling "friend", but a drowning person is a panicing person. If you can not get to the person from behind then they will take you down too. This is a lesson that I learned after attending the funerals of two of my friends because one tried to save the other from drowning.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Article In Kingsport Times Today

    that is so true
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Article In Kingsport Times Today

    What we were told one time in a rescue class was that unless you were considered an excellent swimmer, do not try to jump in and save someone, because most likely there would be 2 bodies. If you had multiple people, flotation devices, oars, or something, then you could try, but otherwise, best thing is to try and get help.

    It's natural to want to try and save, but its extremely difficult to save a paniced swimmer.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Article In Kingsport Times Today

    A person I go to church with, went to school with the kids. They said they had been swimming and goofing off, even fake drowning. The guy said they had all gotten back to the boat, but him, and they asked if he needed help. He said he was fine, and then they turned back around and saw him underwater. They waited a minute thinking he was goofing around like they had been. Unforunately, it was too late when they got into the water, and they couldnt get to him. It really is a sad situation.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •